Last night I had an adventure... my mom and Mrs. Dunlop asked me to babysit Jack, Carlye, Brian, Timmy, and Tanner. Oh yeah, and Tyler, he's the real problem. He kept throwing stuff around and Jack had to clean it all up! I'm just kidding... It all went great and Jack was the one throwing dino's around the room.
It went great. There were no problems at all. Jack and Carlye are so cute! But the adventure came right before I put them to bed. Since the tropical storm there has been lots of rain and dull dreary days. Well, anyway, the power went out right before I put the babies to bed, around 7:00 p.m. I was worried that they would stay up because their sound machines wouldn't turn on, due to the power outage. I put them to bed anyway and just shut all the doors so we wouldn't make to much noise because we (meaning Tyler, Timmy, Tanner and Brian) were going to play Twister while I did Algebra. After a while, like less than 5 minutes, the kids got bored of Twister. So we started to watch Nim's Island on my laptop...

That was fun, only there were three kids crowded around a small 13.3 inch screen watching a movie... common phrases heard were: "I can't see, Tanner!" "Tanner, move out of the way!" "Stop talking, Tanner." "Shhhhh!" and then, after a while it was "I'm hungry." ah man, the power's out and the snack we had planned on was popcorn. hmmm. I wonder what's in the Dunlop's pantry... I didn't want to open the 'fridge because that wasn't powered so they ended up eating pretzel sticks. I read my book while they watched Nim's Island... I think I strained my eyes trying to read from the moonlight and then the candles... it really isn't so romantic, being out in the moonlight and all that. yeah.
So, after Nim's Island was over, they watched this movie with a ton of Mickey Mouse 5 minute films. That went on until my battery died on the computer. The moms were home 10 minutes after that happened though.
But I'm leaving out a part... at about 9 p.m. car lights shone in the driveway and I thought hmmm they're home early! Then knocking at the door and someone shouts, "It's Krista!!!" So I opened the door and decided to let them in, seeing as it was my Dad's secretary... I couldn't exactly leave 'em out there. Turns out, a neighbor called Mrs. Dunlop's cell phone and asked how they were doing and Mrs. Dunlop told her that I was babysitting the kids. Then this neighbor told Mrs. Dunlop that the power was out. Mrs. Dunlop called Krista and Shannon V. and asked them to come over here and check on us. We were fine. Actually, around 7:45 p.m. I lit some candles I found around the kitchen and living room. I was really glad the twins were asleep then. Carlye only woke up once because her blanket wasn't over her face. She has this weird thing where, when she goes to bed she wants her blanket laid out over her, from head to toe... all over her face and she just lays there.
Over all, it was a great night and I had a good time. I stole some pictures from the Dunlop Blog to put on here... Hope you enjoyed my adventure...
-Kaylee


No comments:
Post a Comment