Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Boy... be a Man!

First off, I would like to say I know nothing about boyhood or guys' minds, therefore, my suggestions may be ridiculous, yet they are from my point of view and are truthful, from my standpoint...

Guys, I was so encouraged by Eddie in care group when he said that the guys at church were not growing up and needed to be men. I was not encouraged by what he said, but that he said it and recognized it. And the thing is, it's partly true. Unfortunately, I must be brutally honest with you guys and tell you what I think, but before I do that I want to ask you to be humble and ask yourself if you do these things regularly. Some of you do, but some don't... Either way, I respect you... So, for you Guys out there... here are some thoughts you may want to consider from "the girls!"

I'm going to do bullet points to make things simpler.
  • Guys, when a girl walks into a room, get up and give her your chair. Please, after we say "No" ask if we are sure. Normally, we're just being kind. (Girls, when a guy offers you his chair, it's nice and appropriate to take it.)
  • Guys, don't talk with your mouth full when there are girls in the room. It's gross. I don't care what you do when we're not there, but when we are...... well. figure it out. :)
  • Be respectful to you parents, especially your mom! When she asks you to do something (like taking the trash out, doing your chores or shutting up.) just do it. If you want, you can appeal before or ask questions afterwards. "Honor your mother and father..."
  • Guys, you should open the door for anyone. The girls, parents and even other guys. It is great to see you guys race to the door to see who can serve first. (Girls, walk through the door, say "thanks" and don't argue with him. Just let him open the door.)
  • Do all things with excellence. All things include chores, school, music, and all other things. The bible says, "Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the Glory of God."
  • Lastly, Thank you, guys, for walking in Christ and for setting a good example for the younger boys. This is something I see in you, here in Titusville and also in Daytona. As always, there is room to grow, but over all, I thank you for the good examples you are to the younger boys.
"But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I charge you in the presence of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who in his testimony before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, to keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords,who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light,
 whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen." 1 Timothy 6:11-16

P.S. This is an amazing chart from TheRebelution.com that defines "A Real Man" You can click on it to enlarge it...
P.P.S. Girls, there's one for us too! It's on the sidebar    --------> (And a post for us is coming soon...)

7 comments:

Owen said...

Kaylee, there is (or was ) a thing called chivalry that a lot of people (including myself) forget about when they are with their friends.We get in a mind set that "O they don't care". but as Gentlemen we need to all ways be mindful of of that ...

Sarah said...

Great points Kaylee! I love that you put this up! I also want to say that the Daytona and Titusville guys are a lot better at this then many other guys I know. But there always can be room for improvement.

Unknown said...

Owen: Yes. You are very right. Thanks for reading!

Sarah: Yes! The guys in Daytona and Titusville are a good deal better at this than other guys I've met... Thanks...

Owen said...

Kaylee , your Mac is to smart for my PC.. the doc or page wont open.......

Unknown said...

mwahhhahaha. my mac is definitely too smart... lol... here, you can try these:

http://www.therebelution.com/blog/2006/01/teen-girls-define-a-real-man/

http://www.therebelution.com/A%20Real%20Man.pdf

Owen said...

thanks .

Unknown said...

you're quite welcome.