- Girls, respect the men in your life. This is something I have learned over the past year. Especially respect your dad. If possible, arrange for a breakfast date or lunch. Dad and I had several breakfasts last year and it was a great chance to talk about whatever we wanted, like recent or upcoming events, guys, family struggles, etc. It's a great way to build the relationship between you and your dad.
- Serve your mom in whatever way you can. I'm really bad at this. I'm very selfish and want to do my stuff first and don't even pay attention to her. Sometimes it's as simple as taking a younger sibling outside so that she can think clearly, cleaning the kitchen or making her a sandwich. Just ask yourself: What can I do to serve Mom today?
- Clean your room. Oh, baby. It's a jungle in there. Sometimes mine is so messy I can't see the floor - seriously! The clothes pile up, books stacked around the desk, papers scattered, guitars are lying precariously on the ground, blankets, and seventeen cups on the nightstand. (oh, maybe not seventeen, but at least three...) I'm just a messy sort of person and I find things easily when it looks like a bomb detonated. I really do. But if I keep it clean for a few weeks in a row (*gasp* Is that possible?! *ahem* yes.) I find things much easier.
- Do not wallow in self-pity or make a habit of voicing complaints, instead, radiate cheerfulness and joy. Need I say more?
- Finally, thank you for being such great friends to me.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Girl... Be a Woman!
Girls, I know something of the female mind - It's like a big ol' mansion that I get lost in sometimes... This post is going to be a little different from my last one, but with the same intent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for posting this, Kaylee! Wonderful suggestions! Yeah, often I'm reluctant to take time out of my "busy" schedule to spend an hour or so with my dad, but that should be a higher priority for me. He has so much wisdom that I can benefit from, and it should be more important to me to show him that I love him and want to be with him. And I always end up enjoying and being thankful for the time I've spent talking with him. I also need to be more aware of ways I can serve my mom around the house. Thanks for the post!
Very cool post girl! It's a great reminder!! Love ya!
Post a Comment