Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Serving with a Joyful Heart

Lately, I've been challenged to serve in ways that I wouldn't normally volunteer for. For example, I was asked to serve in care group childcare, which is something I don't really do. I had been planning to go to care group and participate in the meeting but at the last minute…. “Kaylee, would you be willing to serve…..?” I was really tired that day, because I was working all day at church, but thankfully, God gave me the grace to say "Yes" to serving and I had a great time! I totally decided before I went in that I would love these kids and have a ton of fun just acting like one of them. It was such a blast. Blocks and puzzles have never been so cool. I guess what I'm trying to say is, God gave me the grace and JOY to go play with these kids when I really wanted to be in the meeting. It turned out to be one of the most fun times, but God totally surprised me with joy that night.

3 comments:

Ian Taylor said...

He is amazing isn't he?

Carly said...

That's sooo great Kaylee! My dad and I were actually just talking about ways to serve and serving with a Joyful Heart last night! =) It makes serving so much more fun for us and others when we do it with joy, and it blesses God! Thanks for sharing this!

Mariah said...

I agree with both Ian and Carly-God is great and serving with a joyful heart is what Christ would want us to do! Thanks so much for sharing this, Kaylee! It was so encouraging!

-Mariah