Thursday, August 13, 2009

Introducing the Best People in the World

Your parents. =) Oooooooohhh wait. Before you start thinking about why the aren't the best in the world, start thinking about why they are. For starters, they love you like crazy.
This past summer has been a long, crazy roller coaster for me. A big, missed opportunity for me to spill my heart out to my parents. After all, they've been there longer than any of my friends, but why am I so reluctant to tell them about how I think and feel? It's easier for my to talk to my friends because normally they tell me what I want to hear, instead of what I desperately need to hear. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, that's how it is. I mean, think about it. Your parents are the ones...

- that love you even if you do something really stupid
- that encourage you when you need encouragement
- tell you when you're being retarded
- sit down and talk you through the difficulties in life
- etc.
I'm sure you've heard this 947,320,381 times, but I think you need to hear it again. I certainly did... Maybe this 947, 320, 382nd time will be the one that tips you over the edge. Here it is.
You need to trust your parents and tell them everything.
There you go. The most brilliant advice ever given.

So...
- Why do you find it hard to talk to your parents? What keeps you from sharing with them?
- When is the next time you think you're going to talk to your parents about your problems?
- Do you find that you talk to your friends about your life problems more than to your parents? Why or why not?


p.s. I actually wrote this a few days ago, but my dad was out of town, so he couldn't check it right away. :)

4 comments:

KB said...

Great post, Kaylee! I agree with you completely. The humility of accountability w/your parents can be hard, but it is so rewarding. I can honestly say that my Dad & Mom are my best friends. Now, because of my sinful heart I haven't always felt that way. :) But, God has changed my heart over the years and given me so much grace. My parents are one of the primary means of God's specific grace to me. I'm so grateful to the Lord for them!
Anyways, good post. Keep thinkin' that way. ;)

Mariah said...

I was a little confused at first by the roller coaster picture, but I kept reading and I got it...hahaha! :)

This is a terrific post; I'm so glad God continually reminds me to remember this truth! Thanks for posting about this, Kaylee!

Unknown said...

hahaha mariah! I think sometimes you're more blonde than me!! But you make me laugh... so it's all good. Can't wait to see you!

Camille Ellise said...

Great post girl! thank you for the great reminder!

i hope you're doing well...miss you!

Camille