Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"It's That Time of Year..."

"...when the world falls in love, every song you hear seems to say 'Merry Christmas, may your New Year dreams come true!' and this song of mine, in three-quarter time, wishes you and yours the same thing too."

Signs that Christmas is coming:
  • It is getting colder
  • We've had our first bonfire in the backyard
  • We've been drinking hot chocolate and coffee... a lot
  • The air conditioning's off
  • I'm wearing above-the-knee argyle socks
  • There are more blankets on the couch than pillows
  • Lowe's Christmas Tree tent is set up
  • Thanksgiving is next week
  • I finished my Christmas shopping
  • I made a list of all the Christmas movies I want to watch this year. (Actually, I'd better get started...)
  • I got my first Christmas present of the year
  • I'm singing Christmas songs
  • Target put up their five-billion snowflakes hanging from the ceiling
  • Grandpa's started talking about canceling Christmas (he does it every year, without fail)
  • Everyone is wearing five-inch-thick sweaters even though we live...in...FLORIDA
  • The sun is brighter
  • I can see my breath at night
  • We're not going to the beach anymore
  • My Christmas countdown says "37 More Days until Christmas!"
Obviously, I get excited about Christmas... like, REALLY EXCITED. What do you love about Christmas?

Here's the list of movies for me to watch...
  1. Elf
  2. Eloise at Christmastime
  3. Christmas in Connecticut
  4. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  5. Holiday Inn
  6. White Christmas
  7. It's a Wonderful Life
  8. Miracle on 34th Street
  9. Polar Express
  10. The Santa Claus
  11. Holiday Affair
  12. The Shop Around the Corner
  13. Home Alone
  14. A Christmas Story
  15. Christmas with the Kranks
  16. Love Actually
  17. The Nativity Story
  18. The Ultimate Gift
  19. Saint Nicolas - VeggieTales!
  20. ____________________
Obviously, I need one more movie to make my life complete! Any suggestions?

16 comments:

Emily Swanky said...

I LOOOOOOOVE ELF!
I watch it year around! :D
Like my favorite movie... sad I know :P

♫♪"I'm singing, I'm in a stoooore! I'm in a store AND I'M SINGING!"♪♫
"HEY! No singing in the North Pole!"
"Yes there is, we do it all the time!"

*pfhahaha*
Ok, I'm done now! :)

Have you ever seen Babes in Toyland?
I always liked to watch that one... good Christmas-ish movie :D

Miss ya!
♥M

Anonymous said...

You should watch March of the Wooden Soldiers. It's like Babes in Toyland, and it was made in the 1930's but it's hilarious! =]

Kaybs said...

AHHHH CHRISTMAS IS SOOO CLOSE!!! :)
I love everything about Christmas!!

Becca said...

Holiday Inn and white christmas are my fav
and elf is a classic.......

Unknown said...

"That's not Santa. HEY! You're NOT Santa!"
"Yes.I.Am."
"No you're not... You sit on a throne of LIES."

Hahahahahaha I <3 Elf!

Mikayla♥;; said...

an artsy Christmas Movie i liked was 'the christmas cottage' (sometimes called 'Thomas Kinkade's House for christmas.')


it made me cry!

so good. :)

Mikayla♥;; said...

also...my fave Christmas CD is Relient K's 'let it snow baby...let it reindeer'

Sidney said...

Elf is the best movie ever, case closed.

Unknown said...

Thank you Sidney.
LOL

:D We should have an Elf party!!

Carly said...

ooh! I'll join!! :P

Carly said...

oh, and another sign that Christmas is coming is that I just made a gingerbread house today! yippee! :P

Unknown said...

No way! I totally want to make a gingerbread house!! I saw some at Target and thought about it, but I didn't get one... maybe I should though... it would make a fun blog post... :D

Carly said...

haha yeah. I think I'm gonna post a few pics of it... :)

Carly said...

(except I already ate one piece of the fence... :D)

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! Nice! LOL Are you going to soccer this sunday?

Mariah said...

I just watched Elf a couple hours ago!! Definitely agree with Sidney, Carly, and Emily---Elf...is pretty much the best Christmas movie. :)