WARNING: This is a post about government and politics. Please, we ask that you don't run in terror at another political talk. Thank you.
Before I start, you have to know, I respect our president and government and pray that they will make the correct decisions for the bettering of our country. America is our home and our country and we don’t deserve to have this life.
I find it astounding that politics has stayed the same through the years, although I’m not really too surprised. How can politicians and leaders not see through the illusion of a perfect government and a perfect America? Is this what a democracy is supposed to look like? I don’t think this is what the founding fathers had in mind when they began this free country – if they knew what was in the future for the country they have had different ideas!
Right now our country is on a perpetual downward spiral: very much perpetual, very much downward, very much out of control.
In the Renaissance times (1300-1650) the political leaders of Italy were the wealthy and influential families. The whole government was controlled by money and persuasive speech. The Medici family used their financial power to influence leaders. Pope Alexander VI was a member of the Borgia family – another influential family – he was known for his ruthlessness and immorality and had four illegitimate children before he was chosen as the pope of the Catholic Church. It is insanity to allow a man like that to be a religious leader for tens of thousands of people. Now, by definition a democracy is a system of government by the whole population. I just thought I’d throw that in… It’s always been a question of mine whether our politicians were actually elected by us. Obviously, the presidents have been and the major leaders of America, but the people in Congress… are they really representing us the way we need them to? They make most of the major decisions in America. I mean Congress holds a lot of power. They are able:
- To lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States
- To borrow money on the credit of the United States
- To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes
- To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations
- To declare war
- To raise and support armies
- To provide and maintain a navy
- To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia (Article 1, Section 8)
Obviously, that is a lot of control they hold. We are forced to put a lot of trust into these 435 individuals who decide whether we will declare war or collect taxes.
Recently I’ve been reading Glenn Beck’s blog which is updated once or twice a day. He’s providing major insight to our government. He recently posted here: I thought it was amazing and it definitely got me excited about our government.
Okay, I'm done... that’s my two-cents on the government.
8 comments:
d(^_^)b two thumbs up. thanks for posting smallgroup.
Very nice! I like it, I like it, I like it!
Haha I thought you might. :P thank you, thank you, thank you!
Great post. Very eye opening too. I am new to your blog and I am following you. I would love if you came by my blog and followed me.
Many blessings,
Maggie
www.behindtheteenscene.blogspot.com
Wow Great post! Have you read The 5000 Year Leap?
BTW, What's with the smallgroup thing?
Hey Kaylee...awesome post! I was bloghopping via Emily Rachael's blog and lo and behold I find another blogger who like Glenn Beck...yes!
Regarding electing our officials, I think you would enjoy watching a classic with James Stewart called "Mr Smith Goes To Washington." Anyway, keep up with the good work.
~Zach S.
Zach - great to finally "meet" you. Haha I've seen your comments before on Emily, Anna and Jean's blogs.
How funny that you would bring up "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"... I watched it for the first time just a week ago! Rather ironic. :)
Sidney - Smallgroup is the nickname Kayla gave me because I cannot remember, for the life of me, that it's not "care group" anymore. She thought maybe naming me after the correct label would help me remember. LOL
No, I haven't read it. I'll write it down!
I've been meaning to read this post and I finally sat down and read it just now!! :P Very well done, Kaylee!! I'm so glad we have God to depend on when the government is going crazy (and even when it's not)!!
Post a Comment