Thursday, April 15, 2010

Real joy and delight.

It is true that we are able to bring real joy and delight to God. it is one of the most amazing facts in Scripture that God actually delights in his people and rejoices over them... God does not need us for anything, yet it is the amazing fact of our existence that he chooses to delight in us and to allow us to bring joy to his heart. This is the basis for personal significance in the lives of all God's people: to be significant to God is to be significant in the most ultimate sense. No greater personal significance can be imagined.

I was reading in Bible Doctrines (by Wayne Grudem) and I read the beautiful truth above, and then I read it again, overwhelmed by the love of our Savior. I am so glad that we are able to bring God delight and joy!

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Amen...super thankful for that truth! Great quote!