I'm sixteen. I'm starting college. I'm working at the Hospital. I'm looking for cars, jobs, and quarters underneath the couch cushions. The decisions I make are going to affect my future. I'm an airplane and these next few years are a runway, and I'm getting ready to start rumbling down the asphalt. Fortunately, God is my pilot. I am so glad that God is my pilot!! Because if He wasn't and I was in control I would end up crashed, 1,000 miles off-course, on a deserted island filled with polar bears and other monsters.
But even though God is in control of my life, I still am filled with apprehension about the future. What am I going to major in? What are my gifts? What's going to happen to my friendships? Am I going to finish my AA in time to graduate high school with it? How am I going to juggle school, work, friendships, and church-related stuff? Who does God want me to be?
God directly speaks to me about this fear though. He says, "Do not be anxious about anything." That's pretty clear. He's telling me not to be anxious. Then he adds, "...but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to Me. [God]" So, in everything I do or fear I should let God know and then let Him take care of me. My requests are for guidance and peace. I know that He will answer my prayers in his own timing. I have to put my fear aside and begin trusting that he will guide me through the choices I have to make. So that's my next step: Trusting God.
So now that I'm trusting God, I can just sit around and wait for Him to figure out my life, right? Wrong. I am trusting God and His plan for my life, but that doesn't give mean I've got a red light and I've just got to wait until He tells me to go. I need to get a move on my life. I'm in college, so I need to begin exploring majors, all the while, asking God to direct me. I'm volunteering at the Hospital, but I still need to begin looking for a real job that will begin to generate savings. I can't just sit around, I need to get up and begin doing things.
So, I'm asking for your prayers, support, suggestions, and wisdom. :) Thanks!
I love you guys, please let me know if there's any way I can pray for you!!

11 comments:
Hey Kaylee! Awesome post; you write very well! :D
It's like what Jesus told His disciples in Luke 12:28 (ESV):
"But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today ans tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will clothe you, O you of little faith!"
Faith and trust are like an identical brother and sister; they are the same. Both are hard to live by though, because we as humans like to be in control; we have to tell Jesus "Lord, I am letting this go, handing it to you, and trusting you will do a better job than me."
Like you wisely said, it's God sovereignty and Man's responsiblity combined; we can't say, as you said, drive our cars no-hands and pray because God is in control nor can we assume that it is all up to my driving capabilities--God is in control.
I will be praying for you, as will many other Christians...that God shows you what He wants you to do with this borrowed time called life. Honor God, pursue Him and wisdom...read Proverbs. And have confidence that God will not leave you hanging.
As Confucius (the great theologian LOL!!! JK) said: "Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life." Make sure you major in something love doing; it is what we love doing that we are best at.
Blessing in Christ and Good Hope,
~ Zach S.
BTW: If you are going for more than 2 yrs and are looking to get a 4 yr degree, major as General with your AA; it's less classes = less money and there is no reason to major in your 2 yr degree since that is what you are going to do with a 4 yr.
Hi Kaylee,
As Christians we are so blessed to have God as our pilot! The hard part is actually letting Him fly the plane and us quit trying to take over.
If you are truly seeking the Lord and His guidance, then I believe that He will make His desires your desires.
Blessing in your journey!!
-Amanda
Hey Kaylee,
Great post!
I think the one thing that comes to mind for me (and could probably help you as well!) would be to make sure the friendships we have are going to serve us during our lives. Choose friends who would be apt to encourage you... that might mean friends that are older in age! Engage in conversations that actually have purpose... Do Hard Things comes to mind there. It's difficult sometimes to start conversations with girls such as asking them how their Quiet Time has been or areas in their lives they are struggling in and would like prayer. I love when you and I are able to talk to each other about ways we would like each other to pray for us that week!
Also, continually talk to your parents! They are the two people that love you the most in this world. I know it's hard to bring up subjects that you're struggling in (my pride hates that!) but it is so worth it to talk about things with your mom and dad. Your parents won't be surprised at your sin; I bet you $5 that they struggled with some of the same things you're struggling with right now! At first it may be diffucult, but your parents are so wise. Take advantage of that wisdom that surrounds your house everyday!
I'll be praying for you, girl! I love you!
Thanks you guys!! :)
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.
I loved everything about this post, I'm really happy for you, and I will be praying for you :)
Love you bunches <3
Wow Kaylee this is so cool. I'm going through similar things right now in my life and just seeing your humility by sharing your struggles is so encouraging. James 4:6 says that "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." I know God will give you grace in this area and show you the right path to take! He'll give you peace about it. I'll be praying for you :D
Good way of looking at things. Your schedule does sound like a busy one-I don't think I could do all that at sixteen. Keep looking to the Lord for strength and guidance. =)
~Elizabeth J.
Thanks Sidney! I'm glad I'm not the only one. =) Thanks for praying for me!! I'll be praying for you too!
Wow! First off I just HAVE to say that you wrote this AMAZINGLY well. I thought that this was something someone else wrote for the first paragraph or so haha. I am praying for you! I know how you feel too, life is crazy and growing up is crazier, but if you do what you have written down here and trust God and "Not be anxious about anything" then you are good to go =)
Thanks bro... I really appreciate your prayers, and I'm working on not being anxious about anything. God is with me! :D
This post was full of honesty, truth and grace. I'm praying for you daily and I KNOW Your God will lead you, will keep you and will hold you as you keep your eyes on Him. ~love.mom.
Post a Comment