Saturday, August 09, 2008

for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also...

Hey there... So, I am blessed with a job cleaning my Grandma's house and I have finally saved enough money up to buy a Apple MacBook.




This is what it looks like and I love it! it is so much fun! There's a little camera and microphone and a Demo of Garage Band so I can record songs and stuff like that!




God has been so good in letting me get this and helping me to save my money and not spend it. My parents were kind enough to contribute some money. The day I ordered it though, I thought of all of the fun things I could do with $1400! Can you imagine how much stuff, like clothes, Cd's, video games, movies, and books, I could get with that? I could go shopping for ever! What about a piano?! Dreamy... Yeah, well anyway, here's my question for you:




What have you saved up for and bought with your own money? (Your family could contribute a little but you need to have bought at least half of it.) Have you ever saved up money to buy something and then decided that it was too hard? Or maybe just splurged on those ten other inexpensive things you wanted but don't really need?




As I was writing this I thought of this passage in Matthew 6:19-21






"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."





I don't want us to be caught up in making money and getting things although that is good. We need to be able to buy these things but not let it take our hearts because, like it says in verse 21:




For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.



Let's try to keep our hearts in heaven and lay up our treasures there. Because someday all iPods, MacBooks, Laptops, HD Televisions, XBOX 360s, Nintendo Wii and everything we bought with our hard earned money, they are all going to be destroyed and return to dust. Now I’m not going to say, “Enjoy them while you can!” because then everyone is going to become total zombies and tell their parents, “Kaylee, you know, the pastor’s daughter, told us to enjoy our electronics while we can because they’re going to turn into dust! So I really need to play my video games more because they could be gone tomorrow!” Use discernment because video games aren’t all bad or we wouldn’t have them; but video games aren’t all good either because, really, too much of a good thing can be bad. Let’s lay up treasures in heaven by reading good books like the Bible and Do Hard Things from Brett and Alex Harris to enrich your life in Christ.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Hey Girly!!

Cool blog! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to see your Mac at the family birthday!!!

luv ya,
Katelyn

Praise said...

Kaylee,
You go girl! I am challenged by your post because I never save my money well. It just burns a hole in my pocket. I have good intentions to save, but normally it never happens. Thanks for your example! BTW...welcome to blogging, your blog looks great!