Are you ready for the scary, the terrifying and horrific truth? Brace yourself; this is gonna get ugly...
*nearly beautiful singing/humming, coming from a nearby forest with a beautiful stream running past*
la-la-la-da, da-de-dum, hmmm-laaaa-deeeee-daaaaaa!!!!
*a pause interupts the beautiful ballad and the ravishing youth breaks out into this song, she sings to the tune of The Addams Family theme song..."
They're crazy and they're kooky
Strange and music-y
They're all together happy
The Merwin Family
Their house is really crazy
And always nice and messy
Tanner really likes to scream
The Merwin Family
So get a happy face on
Find a reason to go call on
We're going to drop in on
The Merwin Family
*sigh* Ahem. Yeah, Ok. Not quite as gory as you expected but still very scary. *sigh* Acccchhhheeeeemmm. *loudly clearing throat* It's time for a story. This really is scary, I promise. Here it goes...
So... at the dinner table we were all talking and laughing and suddenly dad straightened up and said, "Ok... This totally freaked me out this morning. Tyler is going to be 13 next year! I mean... wow... he's going to be in Resolved..." (For anyone who wouldn't know, Resolved is our youth group) Then we started talking about Future Men (our 7-12 year old Boy's character building program) and how Tyler will be out of it and Timmy is still in and then we realized that... whoa... we still have Tanner... and he's only 3!!! So. We did some calculations.

Dad will be in Future Men until 2018. When Tanner is 12 years old. My little bro is gonna be 12?!? That makes me... yikes. 24... At the end of dad's service in Future Men he will have attended for about 15 years.
Dad is gonna be in Resolved for a very long time... like try... uh... He will be out of Youth Group in the year 2024. Yeah. In 15 years he'll be 55. He will have attended Resolved for 17 years, having started in 2007 with me and finishing in 2024 with little bro Tanner. This is assuming that Tanner goes until he is 18... Who knows? He might go until he gets married... or Tanner might not get married at all... Then again... Tanner said he was going to marry me, Mariah or Megan. That could be awkward... Oh, and dad, yes, he will have enjoyed every moment of it. And by the time that Tanner's out of Resolved I will be... get ready... 30. Can you believe it? I think I'm gonna have
nightmares.
Can you imagine my dad being 55? Ack! That's just weird. Do you think he'll be a "Santa Clause" Grandpa or a "Toothpick" Grandpa?

Ooohh... Do you think the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette will be like an old car? What about fashion or styles? Will they invite us to "2008" Parties? Will our music be as timeless as the 30's or the 80's? Do you think they'll go to thrift stores looking for those "old DVD things" or the "iPods"? Uh boy. that's weird.
Also, just a little while ago Tanner got his hair cut and I asked if I could spike it for him and he said yes!!! Here's a picture of him. So cute. :D He started to touch it because it was "hard" and "hurty" so it got a little flat. Ah well, it only took 5 minutes.
Anyway. This was something I just had to put on and it made me laugh.
Have a great day and don't forget to vote on the side bar on the right of your screen!!!
-Kaylee
DISCLAIMER: MY CALCULATIONS COULD BE ALTOGETHER WRONG. IF THEY ARE, PLEASE CORRECT ME! I HAD A HEADACHE AFTER DOING THIS, AND WAS ABOUT TO GO CRAZY. SO I HAD TO STOP SOMETIME.
2 comments:
OMG, that is sooooooo funny! Tanner looks so cute with his spiky hair!
-Lyssa
This was so funny! I am definately betting that your dad will be the Santa Dad......yep....I can see it now ;)
Post a Comment