Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Celebration North 2008

We are back and yes, I am alive. We went on a most amazing conference in Camp Kulaqua, Gainesville, Florida with some of the northern sister churches in the Sovereign Grace movement. It was so wonderful and I didn't want to leave. The main theme was Freedom. Freedom from sin. It was... just so incredible... God really worked in my life on the ministry night and the student/parent night. It was just too cool. The weather was awesome - cold in the mornin' and warm in the afternoon, cooling off again into the later hours of the night. The messages were awesome - Danny Jones, Dave Harvey, Wayne Brooks, Phil Courson. The worship was awesome - Todd Twining is so incredible. He can convey the glory of God through instruments like no one I know. God has incredibly gifted him as well as the rest of the team - but Mr. Twining plays the keyboard/piano like nobody's business. It's so inspiring - and since my mom was on the vocal team I got the songbook when she was finished... Booyaahh! I am so happy!!! The messages will be available and as soon as they get up I will post them on this side bar over here --------------->
Yeah, so - I'm glad to be home but hating it too. It was like living in a neighborhood with all of my church friends and more, just sitting around doing nothing but worshiping God and talking about the messages and getting spiders in the face... oh yes, that did happen :D I feel so close to all my friends, like we really are family. I got dinner from every chalet but mine, excepting one night. Lunch was spent at the neighbor's, Breakfast was either across the street, two houses down or at the picnic table. Walked the nature trail at least two times. Went to the zoo once for about an hour. Had music time by the baseball field with some pretty awesome musicians. Made new friends, saw old ones, stayed in college town city - GO GATORS! (Mariah just about went crazy... much to the pleasure of her "friends") :D Just kidding, about the pleasure part - she still went crazy. We were able to go to worship practice and "observe". We were able to cram about 30 teens into a very small chalet/mobil home thing. We are all very good friends now. Daytona and Titusville Youth: We should hang out more together. That was so much fun.
Now you have a complete idea of what I did at Celebration. I pretty much celebrated.

Soli Deo Gloria!

1 comment:

KB said...

Fun times! Awwwww... what memories. I love Camp Kulaqua. Last time I was there was about 6 or 7 years ago. Man! That seems forever ago. :) Glad God worked in your heart and blessed your relationships. He's so good!!!

Ummmm... pretty much have to disagree with your lousy football likes. Sorry, Kaylee. I thought you had better taste than THAT. I respect you in many areas, but not that one.

GO CLEMSON!!! FSU is pretty cool too :D Anything but the Gators. Yuk!