Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Endorsement Week #2 - The Rebelution and Modesty Survey

The first ad is for the rebelution. No. The spelling is right. The rebelution is a blog/site for teens by teens. The name is an idea that we will rebel against the worlds lies and be a revolution to the world and those around us. The authors, Alex and Brett Harris are amazing 19 year old guys who glorify God in their lives. They recently wrote a book called Do Hard Things which you can buy here if you don't already have it. It is the best book and has radically changed my life and worldview. If you haven't read it, then get it today if possible. I think some libraries have it also if you can't afford it right now. I would have paid $50 for this book. I hope you'll visit the site and read the book and enjoy your day.

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey
This ad is for the Modesty Survey from the Rebelution. This is the best thing I've found to help me to dress modestly. This is for the girls but the guys (12+) can sign the petition if they want to. This is what it states:
As a Christian guy with a deep appreciation for feminine modesty, I hereby affirm and commend the following biblical truths to my sisters in Christ:
  • Please, approach the survey as a resource, not a list of rules.
  • Always honor your parents above the results of the survey. (Ephesians 6:1-3)
  • Seek personal feedback on your attire from the godly men and women in your life.
  • Remember, modesty is first and foremost a matter of the heart, not the wardrobe.
  • Faithfully pursue the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. (1 Peter 3:4)
  • Let your good works outshine your outward appearance. (1 Timothy 2:10)
  • Dress for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
The Modesty Survey is an exciting, anonymous discussion between Christian guys and girls who care about modesty. Hundreds of Christian girls contributed to the 148-question survey and over 1,600 Christian guys submitted 150,000+ answers, including 25,000 text responses, over a 20-day period in January 2007. For more information, click hereThis thing has served me so much... I hope you'll go check it out.

So. With all that... I hope you'll have an amazing day!

-Kaylee

1 comment:

The Neus... said...

Kaylee,
thanks so much for helping us press on to purity! I love your book choices and the modesty survey and know that as a young person, you can benefit so much from running towards righteousness in a time when that would just not be heard of!!

love you girly!
Mama Neu