
Hey - I just wanted to give you an update on my Dad's health.
We just went to the doctor's yesterday (Monday) and scheduled an appointment to get his gall bladder removed. He will be going into surgery on this Wednesday, tomorrow, the 1st of October. He will be staying at the hospital in Altamonte Springs overnight, possibly for two nights. My Mom will be staying with him. Please pray for him and Mom. Dad is currently in a lot of pain and fatigue. It seems like he is always tired. Anyway, back to surgery - the surgeon told him that he will, with my dad's permission, look for anything unusual and, if need be, remove it. This would bring his surgery up to a c-section type of incision, thus making recovery longer and the stay in the hospital longer.
You know what is amazing? My dad and his attitude toward his sickness. He is constantly an awesome example of long-suffering. I remember when he first got sick, about 5 years ago in September. I was 8-9 when he first got sick. When September came, that meant going outside to throw the baseball and run around; fires and "cold" nights with hot chocolate and a good book. (I know - don't tell me - Floridian.) I loved hanging out with my dad. I was and am a total Daddy's Girl. No one was more fun than him. When he got sick, it devastated me. I couldn't do anything that I used to do. Mom was always helping dad, making soup for him or taking care of 2-3 year old Timmy. I don't know if she even slept at night. When dad got sick, I couldn't do anything that I used to do. No softball, no bike rides, no "Hi, daddy!" when he got home, because he didn't get home. He was always home, in bed or on the couch. He was always asleep or moaning. I didn't know what was happening. I thought he was dying or something. It took me about a year or two before I realized that this was God's weird way of blessing us. Uh, don't ask me what the blessing is - I'm not really sure. I know that it was a test for me, and it still is. I used to pray every night for him to get better, I still pray every night for him to get better. Nothing has really happened and everything has happened. I don't feel different and I feel totally different. I can't really explain it, except that God grew my faith since then. I have had to trust that Dad was going to be fine, trust that God was in control, trust the the doctors knew what they were talking about, trust that the medicine wasn't going to kill him, trust that all of this was for good. "for the good of those who love Him..." never was as confusing as it was then. Dad's unending faith in God was a great example to me of what a true man of God was. His sicknesses were trivial to what he deserved - and he knew that. He knew that he deserved eternal fire from Hell, yet he was given this gift of just Crohns Disease. Just a few years of sickness instead of an eternity. What is a few years of sickness when you have heaven staring you in the face - eternal happiness, eternal wellness, eternal worship to the Savior. This is just a blade of grass in a field. Trivial compared to what is around us.
Pray for my family, as we go through this together. Pray that dad makes it through well - with out any complications. Pray for his health, that he would be forever healed from this Crohns disease. Pray that the surgeon would be an amazing surgeon with a steady hand. Pray that the surgeon would receive wisdom. Pray for dad, that he would make the most amazing recovery in the history of surgery - let it be called a miracle.
Yet, we pray that God's will would be most important in our minds and lives. We know that whatever our holy, almighty, all-powerful God ordains is right.
5 comments:
Wow Kaylee your entry made me cry. Its great to hear what God is doing in your heart through your dads struggles. What a statement you made... "Dad's unending faith in God was a great example to me of what a true man of God was." Your dad is a true man of God. Always remember that man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. I think we've all seen how God is using your dads health to grow you into a Godly family. We will definitely be praying for your dad and your whole family through this.
Mr Neu
Kaylee, thank you for sharing your heart so honestly. I am praying for you and your whole family. We love you guys so much and look forward to seeing the goodness of God shine through this situation. May you be at peace tonight as you sleep and trust your Saviour. Thanks for how you are serving and loving your family this week. God is greatly honored in your desire to lay down your life. Love you girl!
Kaylee, your post was really touching. You're such a gifted writer. We will be in prayer for Dad and for your family, especially for peace in your hearts and for a successful surgery without complications. Take care and God bless! oxox The Lorenzi Family
Thanks for so well displaying and honoring the gospel, Kaylee! I know this is extremely hard. I can't even begin to imagine. BUT, how kind of God to use this suffering to draw you closer to Himself. Your post screams His working. All things DO work together for good. What a sweet promise. God is sovereign. He loves you and your family more than you'll ever begin to imagine. Thanks for the example that I know you are to your siblings. What a godly young lady they have for a big sissy. Love you all so incredibly dearly. I'll be praying. Let us know how it goes.
Kaylee i love you so much it has been such a blessing being your neighbor and i love all of you very very much. i will be praying for you guys!! it gladens me to see how much youve grown in godliness and it must have been really hard for you to write this but know i love you and god will always love you
LOVE Megan
Post a Comment